Wednesday, September 07, 2016

24 Season 2: How far from 24 Day 2

If I remember, it was onset of July, 2016, when trailer of 24 Season 2, (not the Hollywood one, rather Anil Kapoor starer sequel of Indian remake of 24 with same title) hit the headlines and social media. I, being a fan of 24 (the original series starring Kiefer Suttherland in lead role), could not resist myself from watching it, as I had some expectation of it to be based on the story similar to the Season 2 of the original 24, which is called 24 Day 2. 
But I was shocked to see that the Indian sequel is largely based on 24 Day 3 as its prequel revolved around the

plot of discovering a rogue nuclear bomb, which was about to to off within 24 hours in USA. Day 3 was based on saving a city of USA from outbreak of a deadly virus.



Though I don't expect much from the Indian sequel as it is nothing much different than 24 Day 3, I was further surprised that the Indian sequel is a combo of both Day 2 and Day 3.
Its quite premature to say what would be the end of Indian season. But I must say that I am much impressed with the role of Sikander Kher, playing the character of Arun Srijan. His tone is truly that of a typical Eastern Indian person. He fits his character, and in my opinion, his performance so far has been even better than Anil Kapoor in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment